Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just a Waitin

Well, I am extremely excited and a little over obsessive about knowing where I am going! I search google every day for Peace Corps Volunteers in Protected Areas Management anywhere in the Pacific Islands. I also called my recruiter and asked if he had any idea of when I may be shipped out because I am wanting to know if I can take a trip to Ireland in May with my mom. He said he doesn't have an exact date or even a generalized idea. Bah Humbug! He said that my country of placement has had my designated program in effect for a good while and the only reason I should not receive the position is if the program closed for some reason. So... I have tried to narrow it down by that information and my best guess is Vanuatu, (Well, lets just say Vanuatu is where I am hoping to go!) working for the Nguna-Pele Marine Protected Area. Although, that is a 60% chance in my eyes. It may also be Fiji or Micronesia/Palau. The World's Largest Marine Protected Area (MPA) was recently declared in Kiribati, (KirEEbus) although, I do not think Peace Corps has placements working in this MPA. I also do not think Peace Corps is working in any MPAs in Tonga, so I have knocked these two options out. So, sadly, I still have no clue where I am going! I should get an invitation anywhere between today and the first week of April. So, I keep waiting!

1 comment:

Kathryn Anne (Kate) said...

You updated your blog! And added pics! Love them! I am happy about your news on the Peace Corps! I'm gonna call you soon! We need to catch up!
I miss you,
Kate