Monday, November 19, 2012

A Huge Loss - Rest In Peace

Naleba Cakaulevu, also know as Tamana and Espli, has gone to a better place in this world. I am told that he slipped and fell, started having stomach aches which proceeded on into his back. Unable to move because of the pain and nausea, he headed to a local hospital near our village. When I say hospital, I mean it is labeled as a 'hospital', but a concrete, two bedroom slab with a scale and stretcher do not constitute the building as a hospital. Needless to say, he was sent home with some ibuprofen. His legs began to swell and he headed to the hospital again. Within a few days he was rushed to the Lautoka hospital where he died shortly after. I can only assume he died of internal bleeding. Espli was a huge influence to me during my Peace Corps experience and I know he was the hope of Veidrala Village.
Team Captain/Coach
He loved his people and contributed greatly to the youth group, community, and rugby teams of the surrounding areas. I spent a lot of time getting to know his drive, intelligence, passions, and commitments to family and friends. Naleba, you are sorely missed by all who knew you. Rest in Peace Espli.

No comments: