Monday, December 3, 2012

#thegoodlife

My life has been one hell of a party. I have dove with sharks, manta rays, sea turtles, eels, and sea lions, been stung by fire worms, honey bees, stings rays, and scorpions, jumped 50 foot cliffs, fell out of an airplane, dove 130 ft under water, sped through red lights in a police car in downtown NYC, lived in a Fijian village of 250 natives with no road for miles, lived on a remote island in Belize, flown in a helicopter over the Napali Coast in Kauai, been a camp counselor at SeaWorld, changed lives at a children’s hospital, educated people about marine life at the Georgia Aquarium, cared for eagles, owls, opossums, raccoons, birds, and squirrels, owned dogs, cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, tarantulas, snakes, rabbits, and even a seahorse and blowfish (for a few hours), snowboarded the mountains of millionaires, been a trapeze artist, walked the beaches of the Emerald Coast, had fresh lobster omelets, seen whales, dolphins, seals, sea lions, sea otters, moose, deer, bears, kangaroos, kea birds, kookaburras, and koalas in the wild, walked to active lava, explored a cave of Mayan skeleton remains, earned a marine biology degree, sailed through the Catalina Islands, climbed Xunantunich, rode rides at Disneyland and Disneyworld, road a bicycle across the Golden Gate Bridge, and have even eaten kangaroo, sea turtle, and termites. All of this barely scratches the surface. I would like to dedicate my adventurous spirit and ability to have experienced all of this and more to my beautiful and loving mom! She has inspired me to be adventurous and frugal while soaking in the moments in life that matter the most. I couldn’t ask for more, and yet, I am about to embark on another crazy trip that includes destinations still undeclared. I hope to eat, play, and love. Please follow me on my adventures as I explore the world the way that few young Americans do. I leave for Japan on December 4th to visit a friend teaching in Hayama. It’s time for another ride on a jet plane! Wish me luck! #thegoodlife

No comments: