Thursday, June 18, 2009

I received the information about my permanent site! It is really close to Leslie and John as well as Natalie! I am so excited! I have a site near Rakiraki and they are wanting me to work with raising awareness on the importance of managing their resources sustainably, create and manage marine protected areas, reef check and monitoring, waste management such as piggery waste, village clean-up, and proper waste disposal, assist in identifying alternative livelihoods through expanded coconut products, as well as capacity building on environmental related issues! How crazy! It sounds really fun. I have actually already been very close to this site a few weekends ago when we went to visit Natalie close to Rakiraki! It is sooooo gorgeous up there. And the diving is supposed to be really nice too! Yay!! I think I am really happy with it. Especially because I have two years to visit the rest of Fiji and I am comfortable with the area I have been assigned! So, send me books and chocolate...PLEASE!! At least right now it should not melt!
Much love to all!

2 comments:

Megan Dicken, PCV said...

Wow! Awesome! So glad you like your assignment! I wrote you an email...and will be sending chocolate :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz!!! I hope you are having fun I am soo proud of you doing this. It is amazing! I love the updates and Ashlee and I will have a surprise heading your way very soon. Any specific request?
Love Ya
-me ( Nathan) haha