Tuesday, June 23, 2009


This picture was taken at a village very close to where I am going! Beautiful huh?! I actually have to take a boat across this bay to get to my village!


Hey everyone! So, I am doing well! On Monday night we held out village meeting, conducting a priorty needs assessment! We spoke mostly in Fijian with the help of Sau (our amazing Language Coordinator and Facilitator). The meeting went perfectly and we got the information from the community that we needed! Success! Yesterday we went on a field trip to a commercial kitchen, a bakery, and an ecotourism project for cruise ships. It was pretty neat, except that when we got back we had language class and a language protenciency test. Blah. So, honestly I just never get a break. Training is very fast paced and cram-packed with things to do, all the time! I learned to fill a stove with kerosene and light it and how to pull cassava (tavioka) and cook it. Also, today for lunch, my sister Delena made me fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Can't beat that huh! Anyways, I will say more later when I actually have something to say! Much love! Miss you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you much and miss ya. Hope to make tons of money at my new job and come see you.
sis

Anonymous said...

Well look at you! You sound like you are having the time of your life! That's fantastic. I'll admit I don't check your blogs everyday, as I should, but frequently. We are so proud of you and love you! I'll get a package together and on the way soon. Do you have certain book requests? Love you, Aunt Sarah from Texas